My Family, now included with Microsoft family features, is the way to turn on and manage app and game downloads for your child's Windows Phone. When you set up a "family," which includes your child's account and one or more parent accounts, you'll be able to choose what types of app downloads you'd like to allow (free, paid, both, or none). You'll also be able to set the rating level for the games your child can install.
My Family is available for Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1. Setup will vary depending on which version of the Windows Phone software your child's phone is running. Check to see which software version you have and find out if an update is available.
Microsoft family features are designed to help you keep tabs on your kids' computer and online activities. If your child uses a PC or Xbox, you may already have set up a family in order to use parental controls. Manage your family on the Microsoft account website, in Family.
Set up My Family so a child can download apps and games
- Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with a parent or guardian's Microsoft account.
If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.
If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings, and then select Add.
- Enter the email address your child uses to sign in to their phone and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.
Make sure your child accepts the invite from their email.Note
Creating an online account for a child under 13 with the country/region set to US requires adult verification using a US-based credit card. Read more about how Microsoft verifies child and parent accounts in the United States.
- To add another parent or guardian on the Family page, go to Adults, and then select Add. Adults in the family can manage children's settings but won't be able to change each other's settings.
Change app download settings for a child
You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings your child can view and download.
- On your computer, go to Family on the Microsoft account website and sign in with the Microsoft account you've set up as a parent account.
- Select your child's account from the list.
- To let them download free, free and paid, or no items from the Windows Phone Store, go to the Purchase & spending page, then use the control for Windows Phone 8 purchases.
Running into issues? See these answers to some common setup questions.
ID Artikel: 11692 - Tinjauan Terakhir: 17 Mei 2016 - Revisi: 16