This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features or security fixes are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability in numerous areas, including OS and Windows Update installation, startup, installing and configuring Windows for the first time, authentication, resuming from hibernation, shutdown, kernel, Start menu, storage, Windows Hello, display modes, Miracast, AppLocker, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge browser, network connectivity and discovery, and File Explorer.
- Improved performance in video thumbnail generation, NetLogon, Microsoft Store, and standby power consumption.
- Improved support for devices including some wearables, displays, and printer scenarios.
- Reset app default when a registry setting is deleted or corrupted and streamlined notification about the corruption.
- Fixed an issue causing favorites to be lost after updates are installed.
- Fixed several issues that individually could cause certain apps to fail to launch, update, or allow in-app purchases.
- Improved quality of Cortana voices and translations of multiple languages of an Internet Explorer dialog box.
- Improved support for apps, fonts, graphics and display, airplane mode, Group Policy, PowerShell, MDM, Windows Journal, Microsoft Edge, printing, touch display, roaming credentials, push-button reset, Windows UX, local and streaming video, audio quality, error reporting, USMT, and VHD creation.
For a complete list of affected files, see KB3140743.