- You install Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 on a computer.
- You configure the primary IP address or the DNS address of a network adapter by using one of the following address ranges:
- You open Forefront TMG 2010 Microsoft Management Console (MMC), and then you open the Networking node.
- Error: 0xc0040446 - The specified IP address is reserved and cannot be used.
Note You receive this error message if you configured the primary IP address.
- Error: 0xc004041d - This network adapter DNS address is not defined using a valid IP address.
Note You receive this error message if you configured the DNS address.
The Requests for Comments (RFC) 3330 is implemented and reserves these address ranges. However, the RFC 3330 is obsolete. Therefore, the RFC 5735 that allows for the usage of these address ranges is not implemented.
For more information about RFC 3330, visit the following Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) website:
Note The following RFC 5735 terms describe these address ranges:
- 126.96.36.199/16 is not reserved and is subject to future allocation by a regional Internet registry (RIR) for assignment in the regular manner.
- 188.8.131.52/16 is not reserved and is subject to future allocation by a RIR for assignment in the regular manner.
- 184.108.40.206/24 is not reserved and is subject to future allocation by an RIR for assignment in the regular manner.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install the software update that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
ID articolo: 2500737 - Ultima revisione: 25 feb 2011 - Revisione: 1