This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Microsoft Project Server 2010 hotfix package that is dated April 9, 2013.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
- You create a proposal on the Project Center page in Project Server 2010.
- You do not enter data into all the required fields.
- You submit the proposal, and it is displayed unexpectedly as "checked in".
- You edit the proposal. However, you do not enter data into all the required fields.
- You submit the proposal again.
BUG #: 891119 (Office14)
- Assume that you set some values for the date range, filter, and group fields on the Approval Center page in Project Server 2010. When you move away from the Approval Center page and then move back to the Approval Center page, you experience the following issues:
- The value is not retained in the date range field.
- The filter and group fields are set. However, the filter and group settings are not applied to the data.
BUG #: 892166 (Office14)
- When resources in a project have many assignments in other projects in Project Server 2010, it takes longer than expected to publish the project.
Note The time that is required to publish the project increases if many projects that use the same resource are published at the same time. This can occur after you enable the Automatically publish the updates option.
BUG #: 891553 (Office14)
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Project Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to make any changes to the registry after you install this hotfix.
File informationThis hotfix package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issue that listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
ID articolo: 2791064 - Ultima revisione: 10 apr 2013 - Revisione: 1