The Windows Vista Management Tools update for the release version of Hyper-V is now available from the Microsoft Download Center. This update package installs the management tools for the release version of Hyper-V technology on a computer that is running Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update package includes the following items:
- The Hyper-V Manager Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in
The Hyper-V Manager MMC snap-in provides management access to servers that are running Hyper-V.
- The Virtual Machine Connection tool
You can use this remote connection tool to establish an interactive session on a virtual machine host.
How to determine what version is installedTo determine what version of the Hyper-V management tools are installed on your computer, use one of the following methods.
Note Versions earlier than 6.0.6001.18016 are pre-release versions and should be upgraded.Method 1
- Click Start, type command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: wmic datafile where name="c:\\program files\\hyper-v\\vmconnect.exe" get version
- Open the Hyper-V Manager Console.
- On the Help menu, click About Hyper-V Manager.
How to obtain the update packageThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Update for Windows Vista (KB952627)Download the Update for Windows Vista (KB952627) package now.
Update for Windows Vista for x64-based systems (KB952627)Download the Update for Windows Vista (KB952627) package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
- Download the update package (Windows6.0-KB952627-x86.msu or Windows6.0-952627-x64.msu) from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Locate the folder in which you saved the downloaded package. For example, locate the following folder:C:\Users\User_profile_name\Downloads
- Double-click the update package. The Windows Update Stand-alone Installer (Wusa.exe) starts, and then it prepares the update package for installation. This preparation process may take several minutes.
- Click OK to install the update.
- When the installation is complete, click
For more information about Hyper-V technology, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
ID articolo: 952627 - Ultima revisione: 11 set 2011 - Revisione: 1