This article describes Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint issues that are fixed in Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint with Service Pack 3 (SP3).
New features in Service Pack 3
- Service Pack 3 includes a new feature that provides customers with the latest protection against malware by extending the updating capabilities of Forefront Server Security (FSS). This feature can quickly notify users of the availability of a new threat scanning engine or a planned change in the existing scan engines. These notifications advise administrators how to make appropriate changes to the product configurations before any changes take effect. The notifications are logged in the FSS event log entries. They can also be configured for e-mail delivery through the "Virus Administrators" notification group. For more information about this feature, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- A new feature is added that allows large compressed files through if they cannot be scanned. By default, Forefront Security for SharePoint with SP3 still deletes large files that exceed the size limit. You must add a "SkipLargeCompressedFileDeletion" DWORD registry key entry to enable this feature. For more information about this feature, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:972072 Forefront Security for SharePoint detects a large compressed file as "CorruptedCompressed" even though the file is not corrupted
- Forefront Security for SharePoint SP3 now supports Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Service Pack 2.
- The following new scan engine performance counters are added for Realtime and Manual scan jobs:
- The average number of messages scanned per second by any engine.
- The average time taken to scan a message by any engine.
List of issues that are fixedThis service pack fixes the following issues:
967996 The filter name is missing in the keyword filter match notifications in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 65543 (FSS)
968117 You receive "out of memory" error messages in Forefront Security for SharePoint when the Realtime scan job scans documentsBUG #: 67912 (FSS)
968112 You receive a warning message when you try to uninstall Forefront Security for SharePoint hotfixesBUG #: 57800 (FSS)
968166 The scan engines are not updated as expected in Forefront Security for SharePoint, and a "Failed to extract the file(s)" error is logged in the ProgramLog.txt fileBUG #: 57442 (FSS)
968169 Forefront Security for SharePoint may detect that 2007 Office files contain the UnwritableCompressedFile virusBUG #: 71311 (FSS)
968231 You cannot configure filtering in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 72022 (FSS)
968261 The FSCController service in Forefront Security for SharePoint stops responding after a restart of the server, and the Realtime scan job becomes disabledBUG #: 72023 (FSS)
968235 Forefront Security for SharePoint does not correctly detect MP3 files after you use selected file types to create a file filterBUG #: 72024 (FSS)
968237 Scan engines are not updated in Forefront Security for SharePoint, and an error is logged in the ProgramLog.txt fileBUG #: 72026 (FSS)
968238 The GetEngineFiles.exe process incorrectly deletes some files on a computer that is running Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 72029 (FSS)
968317 The FSCController.exe process stops and then restarts, and e-mail notifications stop working in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 72030 (FSS)
968989 Manual scans and Quick scans do not mark .eml files as "ExceedinglyNested" files in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 50249 (FSS)
969043 Forefront Security for SharePoint cleans infected documents even though the "Attempt to clean infected documents" option in SharePoint is not selectedBUG #: 56794 (FSS)
969051 Detection of an Office 2007 file is logged two times in the Forefront Security for SharePoint logsBUG #: 57855 (FSS)
970513 You receive "out of memory" error messages in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 67829 (FSS)
970607 You cannot enable a keyword filter list after you disable the list in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 75572 (FSS)
970676 When a manual scan job detects a keyword filter match, Forefront Security for SharePoint sends a notification that contains incorrect detection informationBUG #: 75665 (FSS)
970677 The Realtime scan job may time out multiple times and then crash in Forefront Security for SharePointBUG #: 74895 (FSS)
968156 Forefront Security for SharePoint cannot initiate the Realtime scan jobs at startup, and error codes "0x80030020" and "0x80030021" are generatedBUG #: 57438 (FSS)
968163 You cannot download files from a SharePoint Web site when Forefront Security for SharePoint is installed, and you receive an "Unknown Error" error messageBUG #: 69321 (FSS)
968164 Description of improved resource use that optimizes performance in Forefront Security for SharePoint with Service Pack 3BUG #: 71060 (FSS)
968158 The FSCDiag.exe tool in Forefront Security for SharePoint prompts you to add "Exchange" versions instead of "SharePoint" versionsBUG #: 51384 (FSS)
968267 Forefront Security for SharePoint may incorrectly detect an attachment as an .rar fileBUG #: 72020 (FSS)
968268 In Forefront Security for SharePoint, some default deletion messages may lead a user or an administrator to assume mistakenly that an error occurred or that a virus was foundBUG #: 72021 (FSS)
968154 The Getenginefiles.exe process in Forefront Security for SharePoint stops responding and generates a crash that references "Bucket ID 766111704"BUG #: 57977 (FSS)
968155 Forefront Security for SharePoint blocks clean 2007 Office files when an engine error occursBUG #: 66351 (FSS)
972072 Forefront Security for SharePoint detects a large compressed file as "CorruptedCompressed" even though the file is not corruptedBUG #: 78187 (FSS)
972074 Forefront Security for SharePoint returns an error when it scans a large compressed file that is composed of many smaller filesBUG #: 78188 (FSS)
Known issuesIf you install Forefront Security for SharePoint 10.2.942.0 as an upgrade on a server on which the Database path and the Install path are different, you will receive the following errors:
Licensing: Could not fine ELI at ELI path (%Databasepath%\Engines\). Using install path (%InstallPath%)
Error: SybLicense: Could not load the cab file: (%InstallPath%)\EngineInfo.cabIf you have a server that has different values for the DatabasePath setting and the InstallPath setting, before you run the installation, you must manually extract the EngineInfo.cab file from the installation package, and then copy it to your server in the "%DatabasePath%\Engines" folder. Because the Engineinfo.cab file is embedded in the installation executable file, you should copy Setup.exe to a temporary location on disk, and then follow these steps to extract its contents:
- Open the Command Prompt window.
- Type setup.exe /x, and then press ENTER.
- When you are asked for a path where you want to extract the files, type the path, and then click OK.
- After the Engineinfo.cab file is extracted, copy it to the correct %Database%\Engine folder. The default location for the %Database%\Engine folder is as follows:drive:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Forefront Security\SharePoint\Data\Engines
- The following path is the default Database path: Drive:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Forefront Security\SharePoint\Data
- The following path is the default Install path: Drive:\ Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Forefront Security\SharePoint
Service pack informationFor instructions about how to install the service pack on Windows Server 2008, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Installation instructionsAn evaluation version is available on Microsoft TechNet:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this service pack.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this service pack.
Hotfix replacement informationThis service pack replaces all previous service packs and hotfix rollups.
Registry informationTo use this service pack, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
ID articolo: 967995 - Ultima revisione: 27 lug 2012 - Revisione: 1