Error Message When You Try to Turn On Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching
Questo articolo è stato archiviato. L’articolo, quindi, viene offerto “così come è” e non verrà più aggiornato.
When you attempt to access the User Accounts tool to enable the Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching, you may receive the following message:
Client Service for Netware has disabled the Welcome Screen and Fast UserSwitching. To restore these features, you must uninstall Client Service for Netware.
The Client Service for Netware and the Novell Client are incompatible with the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps.NOTE: If you depend on accessing a Novell network and need the Client Service for Netware or the Novell Client, you cannot use the Welcome Screen or the Fast User Switching features of Windows XP.
- If you are using the Novell Client, see the following the Novell support Web site for instructions about how to uninstall the service:
- If you are using Classic view in Control Panel, double-click Network Connections. If you are using Category view, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
- Right-click each connection that you have, and then click Properties each time.
- On the General tab of each Local Area connection, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Dial-up Connection Properties dialog box, click the Networking tab, highlight Client Service for Netware, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
- Open Control Panel, and then double-click User Accounts.
- Under Pick a task..., click Change the way users log on or off.
- Click to select the logon and logoff options that you want: Use the Welcome Screen or Use Fast User Switching.
For additional information about Fast User Switching, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
294737 Architecture of Fast User SwitchingThe third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
ID articolo: 315347 - Ultima revisione: 12/07/2015 08:31:41 - Revisione: 1.0
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb kb3rdparty KB315347