This article describes how to disable and remove user profiles.
NOTE: Following the steps in this article disables and removes all user profiles. All users of the Windows-based computer will see the same desktop and menus.
To Disable User Profiles
- Restart the computer. At the Windows logon screen, click Cancel.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click
Control Panel, and then double-click Passwords.
- On the User Profiles tab, click All users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.
To Remove Existing User ProfilesImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Use Registry Editor to remove the appropriate User name keys from the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileListTo remove all profiles, remove the ProfileList key.
- When you are done, quit Registry Editor.
- Use My Computer or Windows Explorer to remove the appropriate Windows\Profiles\User name folders. To remove all profiles, remove the Windows\Profiles folder.
文書番号:156826 - 最終更新日: 2008/03/15 - リビジョン: 1