You may need to reset your Azure Kinect DK if a firmware update didn't install correctly or you need to get the device back to the factory image.
Reset Azure Kinect DK to the original factory image
- Remove the USB cable and power cable to power off your Azure Kinect DK.
- Remove the screw located in the tripod mount lock to find the reset button.
- Connect the power cable.
- Use a paperclip to gently press and hold the reset button while reconnecting the USB cable.
- Release the reset button when the power indicator light becomes amber—about 3 seconds . The power indicator light will blink white and amber while the device is being reset.
- Wait for the power indicator light to become solid white.
- Put the screw back into the tripod mount lock on top of the reset button.
- Use Azure Kinect Viewer to verify that the firmware was reset. When Azure Kinect Viewer is running, select Device firmware version info. You'll see the firmware installed on your Azure Kinect DK.
- Use the AzureKinectFirmwareTool.exe to get the latest firmware for your device. For more info on checking your firmware, go to Update Azure Kinect DK.