You need to manually update your Azure Kinect DK to get the latest available firmware version.
Prepare for a firmware update
- Set up your Azure Kinect DK and host PC. For more info on setting up your device, go to Set up Azure Kinect DK.
- Download and install the Azure Kinect Sensor SDK from the Azure Kinect developer documentation at http://aka.ms/kinectdocs (English only).
- Go to the Sensor SDK install location, then navigate to \tools\.
- Verify you have the following files:
- A firmware .bin file
Update device firmware
- Open a command prompt.
- Enter this command to update the firmware:
AzureKinectFirmwareTool.exe -u firmware\<device_firmware_file.bin>
- Wait a few minutes for the update to install. Keep the USB and power supply connected during the update to prevent update errors.
- Enter this command to verify the firmware was updated:
- Use Azure Kinect Viewer and move the device around to confirm that all sensors working. For more info on testing your sensors, go to Use Azure Kinect Viewer.
Troubleshoot device firmware
If you had problems installing your firmware, go to the Azure Kinect developer documentation and view Known Issues and Troubleshooting (English only).