When you try to log on to a computer by using the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader, you cannot log on to the computer.
This issue occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- Your fingerprint is not registered with an account on the computer.
- There is no Windows password for the Windows account.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Remove the Fingerprint Reader software. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed programs, click DigitalPersona Password Manager, click Remove, and then click Yes.
- Click Yes to restart the computer.
- Enable the password in Windows. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
- Select the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box, and then click OK.
- Reinstall the Fingerprint Reader software. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Install the software from the original discs.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site to download and then install the latest version of the Fingerprint Reader software:
- Register your fingerprint.
- Try to use the Fingerprint Reader on the logon screen.
For more information about other log on problems with the Fingerprint Reader, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
885193 You cannot log on to your computer by using the Fingerprint Reader
813301 Biometric logon may not work after resuming from standby or hibernate
910217 You cannot log on to your computer by using the Fingerprint Reader if the screensaver is password protected
908835 When you put your finger on the receiver of the Fingerprint Reader to unlock the computer, the computer is not unlocked, and you are not logged onto the computer
文書番号:917389 - 最終更新日: 2011/09/29 - リビジョン: 1