Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- When you create a profile in Outlook 2007, you may receive the following error message: Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:969519 Error message when you create a profile in Outlook 2007 after you install the cumulative update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 961752: "Outlook cannot log on"BUG #: 24475 (OfficeQFE)
- Consider the following scenario. You add a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) e-mail account and an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) e-mail account to a single Outlook 2007 profile.
- When the Inbox folder for the IMAP e-mail account is active in Outlook 2007, and you delete a voice mail from a telephone, you receive the following error message in Outlook 2007:Failed to Update Headers
- When the Inbox folder for the MAPI e-mail account is active in Outlook 2007, and you delete a voice mail from a telephone, you do not receive any error message in Outlook 2007.
- When the Inbox folder for the IMAP e-mail account is active in Outlook 2007, and you delete a voice mail from a telephone, you receive the following error message in Outlook 2007:
- In Outlook 2007, you change the server name of a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) address book. After that, the LDAP address book is not listed under When using mail, check names in address lists in the following order in the Addressing dialog box as expected.BUG #: 23289 (OfficeQFE)
- In Outlook 2007, when you try to send the message to more than two personal distribution lists from the Contacts folder of an additional mailbox, you receive the following error message:An unexpected error has occurred.Additionally, the message is never sent to the contacts in those personal distribution lists.BUG #: 23351 (OfficeQFE)
- You open a document library of a SharePoint Web site in Windows Explorer. However, you may be unable to dragan e-mail message from Outlook 2007 to this library. This problem occurs when the SharePoint Web site is hosted on a port other than port 80.
BUG #: 23663 (OfficeQFE)
- Outlook 2007 stops responding for the duration of the Find operation when you try to search for a public folder.BUG #: 23766 (OfficeQFE)
- You have a custom form in which the LayoutFlags property of a control is set to 65. In this case, you can resize the control vertically and horizontally. This form is correctly displayed in Outlook 2003. However, this form is not displayed correctly in Outlook 2007.
For more information about how to resize a control horizontally and vertically with the form, visit the following Microsoft Web site:23784 (OfficeQFE)
- Outlook 2007 does not check the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) entries for a certificate when Outlook tries to connect to a Microsoft Exchange Server that uses the certificate through an Internet Protocol, such as IMAP, POP or SMTP. Therefore, when Outlook is trying to connect the Exchange Server, you receive the following error message:The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. <option to view certificate> Do you want to continue using this server?BUG #: 23801 (OfficeQFE)
- In Outlook 2007, when you open a Group Schedule from the Calendar, the Free/Busy information for the current day may not be displayed in the Group Schedule. BUG #: 23830 (OfficeQFE)
- You are running Outlook 2007 in Cached mode. When you change to the Completed Tasks view to view all tasks, and then search for a specific task, you do not receive any results.BUG #: 23957 (OfficeQFE)
- A sender sends an e-mail message that requests a read receipt to a recipient that is running Outlook 2007 in the cached mode. When the recipient reads the message, the sender does not receive the read receipt as expected.BUG #: 23958 (OfficeQFE)
- When you are running Outlook 2007 and Office Communicator 2007 on a client computer, Communicator unexpectedly creates persistent Outlook connections to Exchange Server.BUG #: 23969 (OfficeQFE)
- On a client computer where that locale is set to Turkish, the presence information of users is incorrectly displayed in Outlook 2007.BUG #: 23983 (OfficeQFE)
- When Outlook 2007 is connected to a domain controller server or to a global catalog server that is running Windows Server 2003, you set a custom address list to be shown first in the Address Book dialog box. However, if Outlook 2007 later connects with a domain controller or a global catalog server that is running Windows Server 2008, the address list that is shown first in the Address Book dialog box is changed back to the global address list (GAL) unexpectedly.
Note This problem also occurs when Outlook 2007 first connects with a Windows Server 2008 domain controller or to a global catalog and then later connects with Windows Server 2003 domain controller server or global catalog server. BUG #: 24010 (OfficeQFE)
- You created an application that uses the IConverterSession::MAPIToMIMEStm method to convert messages to .eml files. When you try to convert either a read receipt or a message that has a read receipt attached to it, the application crashes.BUG #: 24047 (OfficeQFE)
- In Outlook 2007, you select the After processing, move receipts to Deleted Items check box, and then send a meeting request that requests responses from attendees. After you receive attendee responses in the Inbox folder, the responses are not moved to the Deleted Items folder as expected.BUG #: 24122 (OfficeQFE)BUG #: 24496 (OfficeQFE)
- You create a MAPI application that sets a password on a .pst file by using ConfigureMsgService and PR_PST_PW_SZ_OLD. Then, you run the application to set a very short or NULL password. When the starting memory address is not aligned on a 4-byte boundary, the application crashes.
This problem occurs after you apply hotfix package KB 961752 that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:961752 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook.msp): February 24, 2009BUG #: 24235 (OfficeQFE)
- You set the format for the operating system as Hebrew. When you try to create an appointment in Outlook 2007, some dates above the Free/Busy grid are displayed incorrectly in the Scheduling Assistant. For example, the second day of each month is displayed as the 20th of the month incorrectly. The 12th day of each month is displayed as the 21th of the month incorrectly.
This problem only occurs after you install the hotfix package that is discussed in KB 961752.BUG #: 24264 (OfficeQFE)
- You may experience slow performance in Outlook 2007 even though Outlook 2007 is configured to connect to the closest global catalog server.
When this problem occurs, Outlook makes some connections to a global catalog server that is not the closest server.BUG #: 24288 (OfficeQFE)
- When you are running Outlook 2007 in the online mode, you use Advanced Find to do a search in a folder of a shared mailbox. The folder in the shared mailbox has subfolders. In this case, the items that are in the subfolders are not returned as expected.
This problem occurs when you have installed an Outlook 2007 hotfix package that is discussed in KB 959642 or KB 961752.
For more information about the KB 959642 hotfix, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:959642 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Mso.msp,Outlook.msp): December 16, 2008BUG #: 24330 (OfficeQFE)
- In Outlook 2007, you open a meeting request from the Calendar. If you make the changes to the meeting request and then click Save, a dialog box appears. When you click Don't save changes but keep the meeting open in this dialog box, the changes that you made do not appear in the meeting request.
In Outlook 2007, you open a meeting request from the Calendar. When you click Cancel Meeting and then click Save, a dialog box appears. When you click Don't save changes but keep the meeting open in the dialog box, and then close the dialog box instead of clicking OK or Cancel, the meeting request closes unexpectedly. Additionally, the meeting request is no longer in the Calendar. BUG #: 24402 (OfficeQFE)
- 968404 Describes an issue in which if the first name of a user has a certain suffix string, the string will be recognized as an incorrect suffix when you try to add the user as a Contact in Outlook 2007BUG #: 23697 (OfficeQFE)
- 970144 How to hide the Alias column in the Address Book in Outlook 2007BUG #: 23927 (OfficeQFE)
- 970071 You are prompted for credentials for a POP3 e-mail account in Outlook 2007BUG #: 24072 (OfficeQFE)
- 970072 S/MIME preference settings are treated as policy settings unexpectedly in Outlook 2007BUG #: 24257 (OfficeQFE)
- 970123 Error message when you try to open the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2007: "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later"BUG #: 24322 (OfficeQFE)
- 969791 How to customize the "Preparing Outlook for first use" message after you install the Outlook 2007 hotfix package for February 2009 or 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2BUG #: 24396 (OfficeQFE)
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix package.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Outlook.msp||Not Applicable||10,955,776||04-May-2009||07:43||Not Applicable|
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
文書番号:968858 - 最終更新日: 2009/05/31 - リビジョン: 1