This hotfix is required for the following computers that are running System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2):
- Primary and secondary site servers
- Remote administrator console servers
- Remote provider servers
- Client computers
Hotfix informationInstall this hotfix on the affected site server, client system, or remote administration console before you install System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem that is described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationClick here to view or hide detailed information
The English (United States) version of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 file information notes
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Collectionsettings.mof||Not applicable||2,123||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
|Managementclassdescriptions.xml||Not applicable||887,883||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
|Osd_tasksequencemediawizard.xml||Not applicable||5,325||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
|Pwrmgmtschema.mof||Not applicable||4,991||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
|Sccm2007ac-sp2-kb977384-x86-enu.msp||Not applicable||1,011,200||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
|Tsspropertieslist.xml||Not applicable||73,129||01-Feb-2010||13:40||Not applicable|
This hotfix contains the client portion of the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 977203. However, 977203 also contains site server changes, which are not included in this hotfix. There is no overlap between server portions of these two fixes and they can be installed in any sequence. Also note the CCMCertFix.exe utility distributed with 977203 is not included as part of this hotfix. To obtain the CCMCertFix.exe utility, download the hotfix that is described in Knowledge Base article 977203, and then run the following command to extract the contents of the hotfix:
- In this command, the placeholder Path_To_Extract_To represents the location where the contents of the hotfix should be extracted. After the CCMCertFix.exe utility is extracted, you can find the utility in this location.
- The name of the .msi file in this command may be different depending on the localized version that is downloaded. Check the name of the .msi file that is downloaded, and change the command line appropriately if this is necessary.
Install KB977384 during a task sequenceFor operating system deployments, the KB977384 hotfix must be installed during a ConfigMgr 2007 OSD task sequence in the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr task. Otherwise, the problem will continue to occur while the task sequence is executed. Additionally, the Install Software task cannot be used to install the hotfix. Trying to do this will cause the ConfigMgr 2007 client service to stop, which will cause the task sequence to fail.
Note If the client update that is described in this article is being installed during the task sequence, it is not necessary to also install the client update that is described in Knowledge Base article 977203, because the client update is included as part of this update.
To install the KB977384 hotfix during a ConfigMgr 2007 OSD task sequence, use the PATCH= option that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- Apply the hotfix on the site server.
- When the hotfix has been applied on the site server, the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files will be updated to include the KB977384 hotfix in the directory \i386\hotfix\KB977384\ of the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files. Because the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files have been updated, make sure to update the distribution points where the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation package resides.
- Right-click the task sequence that you need to change, and then click Edit.
- Click Setup windows and ConfigMgr.
- In the Installation properties box, type the following:PATCH="C:\_SMSTaskSequence\OSD\<Package_ID>\i386\hotfix\KB977384\SCCM2007AC-SP2-KB977384-x86-enu.msp"
- The <Package_ID> placeholder is the package ID of the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation package in ConfigMgr 2007.
- Make sure that you include the quotation marks as part of the path. However, do not include the brackets that are around the placeholder.
- Make sure that the package ID of the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation package is used and not the package ID of the KB977384 hotfix package.
- The _SMSTaskSequence cache folder will reside on the drive that has the most disk space. If the computer has multiple drives or partitions, the _SMSTaskSequence folder may end up on a drive other than drive C. In this scenario, change the path to point to the drive that contains the _SMSTaskSequence folder. We do not recommend that you use the variable _SMSTSMDataPath in the path because the drive letter in this path can enumerate differently in Windows PE than in the full Windows operating system.
- As an alternative to using the local path that points to the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files that are located in the local Task Sequence cache, you can specify a UNC path that points to the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files on the original package source or on a distribution point.
- Verify the name of the .msp file that is located in the directory \i386\hotfix\KB977384\ of the ConfigMgr 2007 client installation files. The name may differ depending on the locale. If the name differs from the name of the .msp file name that is used in the PATCH= command line in this step, adjust the name accordingly.
- Click Apply or OK to save the task sequence.
文書番号:977384 - 最終更新日: 2012/03/26 - リビジョン: 1