Error Message: Error - 404 Requested Information / Is Unavailable. Failed to Connect to Server.
This article was previously published under Q296275
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to visit a Web site on your local network (intranet), Internet Explorer displays a page with the following error message:
Error - 404Requested Information / is unavailable. Failed to connect to server name of the Web server.
reason: hostname unknown
This problem occurs when you add a forward slash to the end of a Web address that is specified as an exception in the proxy server settings.
To work around this problem, delete the forward slash at the end of the Web address in the Exceptions
box of the Proxy Settings
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click Connections, click LAN Settings, and then click Advanced.
- In the Exceptions box, delete the (/) forward slash at the end of the address, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
文書番号:296275 - 最終更新日: 12/06/2015 02:08:59 - リビジョン: 3.3
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbnofix kbprb KB296275