Outlook Skype for Business "Contacts" folder doesn't sync with Skype for Business contacts
Consider the following scenarios:
- You add a new Skype for Business contact. But the contact doesn't appear in the Outlook Skype for Business Contacts folder.
- You remove a contact from Skype for Business. However, the contact isn't removed from the Outlook Skype for Business Contacts folder.
- The Outlook Skype for Business Contacts folder contains stale contact information (it isn't updating). This stale data may still sync to Skype for Business contacts.
To work around this issue, you can remove the contacts in the Outlook Skype for Business Contacts folder (but not the Contacts folder itself). To do this, follow these steps.
Note The steps to remove the contacts in the Contacts folder should only be performed by an administrator. After the following steps are performed, the Contacts folder will remain, but the contacts won't. And the contacts will no longer cause stale information to replicate.
- Download and install MFCMapi from the following Microsoft website: MFCMAPI.
- Close Skype for Business and Microsoft Outlook.
- Open MFCMapi. If you're prompted, click OK on the usage notes box.
- From the Tools menu, select Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click to select Use the MAPI_NO_CACHE flag when calling OpenEntry and Use the MDB_ONLINE flag when calling OpenMsgstore, and then click OK.
- To start a session, select Logon from the Session menu.
- In the Choose Profile box, type or click the arrow to select the name of the Outlook profile for the affected user, and then click OK.
- In the window that opens, right-click the default Exchange mailbox store in the list, and then click Open store.
- In the left column, locate and click to expand Root Container, expand Top of Information Store, and then expand Contacts.
- Locate and right-click Skype for Business Contacts. Then select Open contacts table.
- To delete the contacts in the list, hold down the Ctrl key, and then click to select the individual contacts.
- From the Actions menu, select Delete Messages.
- In the Delete Item dialog box, locate the Deletion style drop-down list, select Permanent deleted passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE (unrecoverable), and then click OK.
- To close all the windows, select Exit from the Actions menu.
This behavior is by design. The sync between the Outlook Skype for Business Contacts folder and the Skype for Business contacts is deprecated.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.
文書番号:3193240 - 最終更新日: 10/22/2016 00:14:00 - リビジョン: 2.0
Skype for Business Online
- o365 kbgraphxlink kbgraphxlinkcritical KB3193240