When you start Fable III for PC, the game may close unexpectedly, and you receive the following error message:
Improper shutdown detected
If this problem persists, please check the README file.
This problem can occur for one of the following reasons:
- Fable III for PC did not select the correct video resolution
- You select an unsupported video resolution in-game
- You select an unsupported video setting in-game
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click All Programs.
- Click Games, and then click Games Explorer.
- Right-click Fable III, and then click Configure Video Options.
- Click to select a different Screen Resolution, and then click OK.
- If the issue continues to occur, repeat the previous steps and select a different video resolution.
You can also try to click the Re-detect Settings
button to run the benchmark test. The test will determine the best display settings for your video card.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
Article ID: 2546531 - Last Review: July 11, 2011 - Revision: 5.1
- Microsoft Fable III for PC