This update is available for the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
Download update for the .NET Framework 4
To install this update, you must have Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version installed on the computer.
You have to restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you close all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Issues that this update resolves
Issue 1Consider the following scenario:
- You use a browser which can’t be recognized by ASP.NET, such as Amazon Kindle Fire 2 or Internet Explorer 11, to access an ASP.NET-based webpage.
- You trigger a postback event on that webpage.
"Script Error encountered", "'__doPostBack' is undefined"
Issue 2Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET website renders different content based on the user browser.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to visit this ASP.NET website.
Issue 3Consider the following scenario:
- An ASP.NET page contains an update panel, and inside it there is an ImageButton. If a user clicks ImageButton, it will trigger a partial postback event and the server side click event.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 10 or a later version to access this ASP.NET page, and then clicks the Imagebutton.
Consider the following scenario:
- There is an ASP.NET page that contains a menu control.
- A user uses Internet Explorer 11 to access that page, and presses Tab to switch the focus between the menu control and other controls.
Error: SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'toLowerCase': object is null or undefinedNote 1 There is a configuration switch to be used to revert back to the old behavior:
<add key="aspnet:UseLegacyBrowserCaps" value="true" />
Command-line switches for this update
Check out the various command-line switches that are supported by this update.
This update replaces the released hotfix packages in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
How to uninstall this hotfix
To remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Article ID: 2836939 - Last Review: ಜೂನ್ 19, 2017 - Revision: 8
Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3