Issues that are fixed in Hotfix Rollup 4 for Antigen 9 for Exchange Service Pack 2
- Antigen Scheduled Tasks remain on a server after the AntigenService service has been stopped
- The Kaspersky antivirus scan engine in Antigen 9 for Exchange fails to update from an engine redistribution server
Details of the issues that are fixed in the hotfix rollup
- Antigen Scheduled Tasks remain on a server after the AntigenService service has been stoppedSummaryAfter you stop the AntigenService service, Antigen Scheduled Tasks remain on the server. This is particularly poignant on a cluster server. When Antigen Scheduled Tasks run on a passive node, they start up Antigen services, which try to connect to Exchange on the local node and access Antigen database files on the shared drive. The Antigen services are unable to achieve any of this and there is no immediate danger to the live node’s activities, but they will cause various errors in the Windows Application event log.Symptoms
The Antigen Scheduled Tasks are still visible in Windows Task Scheduler after the AntigenService service has stopped. They pertain to engine updates and scheduled scans.
AntigenService.exe is unable to delete its Scheduled Tasks during shutdown
The Antigen Scheduled Tasks may be safely deleted after the AntigenService service has been stopped (e.g. on a passive node, after a cluster failover has completed). As this issue is only known to be problematic on a cluster, this workaround is not necessary for standalone servers.
- The Kaspersky antivirus scan engine in Antigen 9 for Exchange fails to update from an engine redistribution serverSummaryAn issue has been identified in Antigen 9 for Exchange in the way that it retrieves updates for version 8 of the Kaspersky antivirus scan engine. The incremental engine update functionality may fail resulting in a full engine update. This full engine update may require downloading an engine file package in excess of 160 megabytes. Due to the size and frequency of the engine update, servers may experience a noticeable spike in resource consumption which can degrade overall productivity of the server.SymptomsThe Kaspersky antivirus scan engine on the managed Exchange server running Antigen 9 for Exchange may fail to update.
The Kaspersky engine folder on the redistribution server is deleted.
Due to the size and frequency of the engine update, servers may experience a noticeable spike in resource consumption which can degrade overall productivity of the server.
Hotfix rollup information
Download informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Run the installer. To do this, double-click the hotfix rollup executable file.
Note When the installer is running, the Forefront services are stopped.
- After the installation is complete, and the Forefront services are restarted, make sure that Forefront is working correctly.
- The Forefront services are restarted automatically during the installation.
PrerequisitesThis hotfix rollup requires that Antigen 9 for Exchange Service Pack 2 is installed.
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The English (United States) version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Localenginemapping.cab||Not Applicable||6,399||16-Jun-2010||21:14||Not Applicable|
문서 ID: 2508121 - 마지막 검토: 2011. 3. 22. - 수정: 1