- Using the VMware tools, locate the datastore path along which the virtual machine resides.
For example, the path should resemble the following:/vmfs/volumes/<datastore_name>/<vm_name>/
- From the ESX Service Console, open the primary disk (.vmdk) in a text editor, and then locate the following line: ddb.adapterType = "ide"
- Change the adapter type to the appropriate controller type, as follows:
For LSI Logic, change the line to the following:ddb.adapterType = "lsilogic"For Bus Logic, change the line to the following:db.adapterType = "buslogic"
- Save the file.
- From the VMware Infrastructure/vSphere client, click Edit Settings for the virtual machine.
- Select the IDE virtual disk.
- Select the Remove the Disk option to remove the disk from the virtual machine, and then click OK.
Warning Make sure that you do not select Delete from disk.
- On the Edit Settings menu for this virtual machine, select Add>Hard Disk>Use Existing Virtual Disk.
- Navigate to the location of the disk, and then add it to the virtual machine.
- Select as the adapter type the same controller as in step 2. The SCSI ID should be SCSI 0:0.
- If there's a CD-ROM device in the virtual machine, you may have to change the IDE channel from IDE 0:1 to IDE 0:0. If this option is unavailable (appears dimmed), remove the CD-ROM from the virtual machine, and then reinsert it. This sets the channel to IDE 0:0.
문서 ID: 2622238 - 마지막 검토: 2013. 11. 28. - 수정: 1