This article discusses the steps to troubleshoot issues with the Lync Windows Store app for Windows 8.
Download and installThe Lync Windows Store app can be downloaded and installed from the Windows Store. If you have problems installing from the Windows Store, try restarting your computer or downloading another app to determine whether it's a problem with all apps or just the Lync Windows Store app.
Troubleshoot signing inThe Lync Windows Store app signs in by using the same process as both the Lync 2013 and Lync mobile clients. So, no new Domain Name System (DNS) records are required. Check the following items if you have problems signing in:
- You must have an assigned Skype for Business Online (formerly Lync Online) license from Office 365. If you already are using Lync desktop or Lync on a mobile device, you should have no problem connecting with the Lync app.
- The DNS records for Lync autodiscovery must be configured for Lync.
- Make sure that your device has a working Internet connection. To do this, open a web browser and visit a website like bing.com.
- Make sure that the time and date on your device is set accurately. To do this, open an elevated command prompt, and run the following command:This is especially important for devices that aren't joined to a domain, such as Microsoft Surface or other devices that are running Windows RT. The time setting on the device must be in close synchronization with the time setting on the server.
- Check the sign-in credentials, and make sure that your sign-in address, user name, and password are all typed correctly.
- Under Options for Lync on the sign-in page, turn on logging, and reproduce the issue.
- Collect the logs by using the instructions in the following "Collect log files" section.
Collect log filesTurn on diagnostic logging from the Options for Lync menu, and restart the Lync for Windows 8 app to start logging.
To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Lync sign-in page, open the Windows 8 charms from the right side of the screen, and tap the Settings charm, followed by tapping Options.
- Turn on Sign-in logs and Diagnostic logs, and restart the Lync Windows Store app. Make sure that the app is completely closed by looking in the active applications pane on the left side of the screen. After it's completely closed, restart the application, and reproduce the issue.
- As soon as you’ve reproduced the problem that you’re experiencing, refresh the logs so that they contain the most recent logging information.
- To refresh the logs after reproducing your issue, open the Windows 8 charms from the right side of the screen, tap the Settings charm, followed by tapping About.
- Click Save logs at the bottom, and move to the next step.
- Switch to your Desktop, and then open Windows Explorer to find the following folder:
Collect DirectX Diagnostic Tool infoCollect info from the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- On Windows 8 and Windows RT devices, press Win + R, and then type DXDIAG.
- Click Save All Information, and then save the file to your Desktop or a location that can easily be accessed.
문서 ID: 2779848 - 마지막 검토: 2016. 12. 28. - 수정: 1
Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal