Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running a multilanguage version of Windows 8 or of Windows Server 2012.
- The default language on the computer is a non-U.S. English (en-US) language. However, you specify to use the en-US locale during the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) process.
- You use the Push Button Reset feature to refresh the computer.
How to obtain this update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012||Download the update package now.|
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
File informationThe global version of this update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 file information notes
- The files that apply to a specific product, milestone (RTM,SPn), and service branch (LDR, GDR) can be identified by examining the file version numbers as shown in the following table:
Version Product Milestone Service branch 6.2.920 0.16 xxx Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 RTM GDR
- GDR service branches contain only those fixes that are widely released to address widespread, critical issues. LDR service branches contain hotfixes in addition to widely released fixes.
- The MANIFEST files (.manifest) and the MUM files (.mum) that are installed for each environment are listed separately in the "Additional file information for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012" section. MUM and MANIFEST files, and the associated security catalog (.cat) files, are extremely important to maintain the state of the updated components. The security catalog files, for which the attributes are not listed, are signed with a Microsoft digital signature.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Additional file information
Additional file information for Windows RT, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
문서 ID: 2780541 - 마지막 검토: 2012. 12. 11. - 수정: 1
Windows 8, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard