Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based Remote Desktop Services (RDS) server that has the Windows Desktop Search (WDS) feature installed.
- User accounts are configured to use roaming profiles when users log on to the RDS server by using a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) session.
- You enable the following Group Policy setting to delete cached copies of roaming profiles when the user logs off: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Delete cached copies of roaming profiles
- Many different users log on and log off from the RDS server remotely.
This issue occurs because of a build-up of stale registry entries. Therefore, an application that uses Crawl Scope Manager (CSM) to query scope rules takes a long time to enumerate the stale registry entries.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
976932 Information about Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Registry informationTo apply this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Disable the Windows Search service.
- Disable the following Group Policy setting that deletes the cached copies of roaming profile when a user logs off:Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\Delete cached copies of roaming profiles
- Reduce the number of user profiles that are cached on the RDS server.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
문서 ID: 2809808 - 마지막 검토: 2013. 4. 9. - 수정: 1
Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Windows Web Server 2008 R2