If you remove the Client for Microsoft Networks component either as a troubleshooting step or accidentally, and then reinstall the component, you may experience the following symptoms:
- You cannot log on over the network, and any operation that involves Active Directory causes the following error message:Naming information cannot be located because:
The workstation driver is not installed.
Contact your system administrator to verify that your domain is properly configured and is currently online.
- You see any of the following entries in the Directory Services event log:Event 1168
Source: NTDS General
Category: Internal Processing
Error 1747(6d3) has occurred (Internal ID 3160242). Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for assistance.
Source: NTDS General
Category: Global Catalog
Unable to establish connection with global catalog.
- If you have not reinstalled the Client for Microsoft Networks component, the following entry may be recorded in the System event log:Event 7003Where <FailingService> and <ServiceName> vary according to the specific event and services installed. There may be more than one event ID 7003 reported.
Source: Service Control Manager
<FailingService> service depends on the following nonexistent service: <ServiceName>
- Many event ID 1003, 2003, 13528, and other performance-related events may be recorded in the Application event log because of RPC problems.
The Client for Microsoft Networks component is actually the Workstation service. If you remove this service, the Netlogon and RPC Locator services are also removed. When you reinstall the Client for Microsoft Networks component, the Netlogon and RPC Locator services are also reinstalled, but the Netlogon service is not configured to depend on the Server service when the computer starts.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- If you did not reinstall the Client for Microsoft Networks component, follow these steps to install it:
- In SBS 2000, right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties. In SBS 2003, open Control Panel , and then double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click the internal network connection, and then click Properties.
- Click Install, click Client, and then click Add.
- Click Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK.
- Click OK in each dialog box until all networking properties are closed, and then restart the Small Business Server (SBS) 2000 server.
- Log on to the computer. Ignore any warnings about services that cannot start. Start the Services tool.
- Verify that the startup type for the RPC Locator service is set to Automatic, and then start the service.
- Verify that the startup type for the Netlogon service is set to Automatic. Do not start the Netlogon service yet.
- Configure the Netlogon service to depend on the Server service:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate and then click the DependOnService value under the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon
- On the Edit menu, click Multi String, type LanmanServer on a line by itself, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- In the Services tool, start the Netlogon service.
- Verify that you can use Active Directory by using a program such as Active Directory Users and Computers to view or modify Active Directory.
- Restart the server.
- If the server takes a long time to restart, or if you receive warnings that services cannot start, use the Services tool to verify that the Netlogon service is set to Automatic and has started. You may have to set the startup type two times.
This behavior is by design.
문서 ID: 322267 - 마지막 검토: 2008. 3. 15. - 수정: 1