After you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), you may experience the following issue when you print to a shared printer on your network:
- Print status notification messages do not appear.
- The printer icon does not appear on the Windows taskbar.
This issue may occur when you configure an open port in the Windows Firewall on your network connection, and you configure the scope of the exception to use the My network (subnet) only setting or the Custom list setting in the Change Scope dialog box.
To view the Hide Inactive Icons setting for the notification area to see if the printer icon is set to Always hide, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Windows taskbar, and then click Properties.
- Click the Taskbar tab.
- Under Notification area, if the Hide inactive icons check box is selected, click Customize.
- Under Current items, make sure the Printer icon is not set to Always hide. If it is, change the setting to Hide when inactive or to Always show, and then click OK two times.
문서 ID: 873147 - 마지막 검토: 2014. 6. 20. - 수정: 1