- The issues that are fixed by the hotfix package
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes
- The files that are contained in the hotfix package
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
profile name is not valid (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 14607)
For help, click:
- You log in to the instance of SQL Server by using a Microsoft Windows account.
- You send the e-mail message by using a private Database Mail profile.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
For more information about how to obtain SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:913089 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to change the registry.
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Mssqlsystemresource.ldf||Not Applicable||524,288||14-Mar-2007||18:46||Not Applicable|
|Mssqlsystemresource.mdf||Not Applicable||40,173,568||14-Mar-2007||18:46||Not Applicable|
|Sysdbupg.sql||Not Applicable||510,622||14-Mar-2007||16:42||Not Applicable|
- Grant permissions to the private Database Mail profile by using individual Windows accounts instead of by using Windows groups.
- Use a public Database Mail profile.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Create a SQL Server login for a Windows group.
- Add a Windows account to the Windows group.
- Grant the permission for the DatabaseMailUserRole role in the msdb database to the Windows group. The Windows account is granted the permission through the Windows group.
- Create a private Database Mail profile by using the Windows group.
- Log in to the instance of SQL Server by using the Windows account.
- Send an e-mail message by using the private Database Mail profile.
문서 ID: 934226 - 마지막 검토: 2011. 10. 8. - 수정: 1