You configure an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services to run in the SharePoint integrated mode. On the Grant DB Access page in SharePoint Central Administration, you try to specify the Reporting Services account as the credential for the report server. When you do this, you receive the following error message:
Unable to connect to Report Server WMI provider
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968382 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Install Windows SharePoint Services or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server on computer A.
- Install SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services on computer B.
- Log on to computer A by using a domain account. The domain account is a user on computer A, and the account is a member of the Farm Administrators group in Windows SharePoint Services or in SharePoint Server.
- Run the Reporting Services service under another domain account on computer B. The domain account is a member of the local BUILTIN\Administrators group on computer B.
- On the Grant DB Access page in SharePoint Central Administration, specify the Reporting Services account as the credential for the report server.
문서 ID: 968599 - 마지막 검토: 2009. 4. 7. - 수정: 1