Note This release also contains updates for Windows 10 Mobile (OS Build 15063.1088) released May 8, 2018.
Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue in Internet Explorer that might cause communication between web workers to fail in certain asynchronous scenarios that involve multiple visits to a web page.
- Updates Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to respect the video preload flag in certain scenarios.
- Addresses an issue with the Aptil 2018 Windows Servicing update that causes App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
- Addresses an issue that prevents customers from typing Hangul correctly with Microsoft's Korean IME in Microsoft Word Online.
- Addresses an issue that prevents customers from selecting a Microsoft add-in on a second monitor.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server. For more information, see CredSSP updates for CVE-2018-0886.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Device Guard, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows Hyper-V, HTML help, and Windows Server.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 Feature Update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This does not apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4103731.