IMPORTANT: Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education editions will reach end of service on October 8, 2019. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
Reminder: March 12 and April 9 were the last two Delta updates for Windows 10, version 1703. Security and quality updates will continue to be available via the express and full cumulative update packages. For more information on this change please visit our blog.
Windows 10, version 1703, reached end of service on October 8, 2018. Devices running Windows 10 Home, Pro, Pro for Workstation, and IoT Core editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
Windows 10 Mobile, version 1703, reached end of service on June 11, 2019. Devices running Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10.
- Updates for an issue with downloading copyrighted digital media (music, TV shows, movies, and so on) from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue with downloading digital rights management (DRM) files from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue in which the default keyboard for the English (Cyprus) (en-CY) locale was not set properly.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an App-V application from opening and displays a network failure error. This issue occurs under certain circumstances, such as when a system's battery is low or there is an unexpected power failure.
- Addresses an issue that causes spaceport.sys to stop working with a 0x9E error.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the following to stop responding:
- Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
- Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
You may also receive an "Invalid procedure call” error.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.
Known issues in this update
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
How to get this update
Before installing this update
Microsoft strongly recommends you install the latest servicing stack update (SSU) for your operating system before installing the latest cumulative update (LCU). SSUs improve the reliability of the update process to mitigate potential issues while installing the LCU. For more information, see Servicing stack updates.
Install this update
|Release Channel||Available||Next Step|
|Windows Update or Microsoft Update||Yes||Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.|
|Microsoft Update Catalog||Yes||To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.|
|Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)||Yes|| |
This update will automatically synchronize with WSUS if you configure Products and Classifications as follows:
Product: Windows 10