IntroductionAn update is available for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) that adds support for designing and developing applications that target the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.3.
This update package installs the following updates:
Note This update should not be used to develop application for the .NET Framework 4.0.3 on Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview. If you install Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview or the .NET Framework 4.5 Developer Preview on the same computer as Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and Design-time Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.3, then you will be unable to use the same computer to develop applications for the .NET Framework 4.0.3.
- For more information about Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview, visit the following MSDN website:
- For more information about the .NET Framework 4.5 Developer Preview, visit the following MSDN website:
- If you installed the Beta version of this update previously, then we recommend that you uninstall the Multi-Targeting Pack for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.3 Beta from Control Panel before you install this update.2599652 Multi-Targeting Pack for the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.3 Beta
This update installs the packages that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- Install the .NET Framework 4.0.3 - Design-Time Update for Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
- Open Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
- Create a new workflow project, and then set the target framework for the project to .NET Framework 4.0.3 Client Profile or to .NET Framework 4.0.3.
Note The target framework can be changed by using the Target Framework list in the Project Properties dialog box.
- After the project is created, you can code and use a designer to build a .NET Framework 4.0.3 -based application.
Note If you set the target framework to .NET Framework 4.0.3, IntelliSense for all new public APIs from Update 4.0.3 Beta for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 – Runtime Update is exposed.
Download informationTo download the update, visit the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download the package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Command-line switches for this updateFor more information about command-line switches for Windows Installer, visit the following MSDN website:
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have the following software installed:
- Windows Installer 3.1 or a later version of Windows Installer
Note To obtain the latest version of Windows Installer, visit the following Microsoft website:
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1
Known issuesAssume that you uninstall one of the updates that are installed as part of this update. In this situation, you experience one of the following known issues:
- If you uninstall update 2495593, the Visual Studio toolbox support for State Machine is removed.
- If you uninstall update 2600213, the .NET Framework 4.0.3 target framework and reference assemblies are removed. Therefore, IntelliSense and compilations for the .Net Framework 4.0.3 features and for Workflow State Machine Designer are regressed.
- If you uninstall update 2600211, the runtime components that are required by .NET Framework 4.0.3 -based applications are removed, and the .NET Framework 4.0.3 -based applications will not run correctly.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you do not have to restart the computer unless the files that are being updated are locked or are being used.
However, you have to restart Visual Studio to display the new toolbox buttons if Visual Studio 2010 SP1 is running when you install this update.
Update removal informationTo remove this update completely, you have to remove the updates that are described in the following articles individually by using the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel:
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Straipsnio ID: 2600214 – Paskutinė peržiūra: 2012-06-25 – Peržiūra: 1