To install the cumulative update for Lync Server 2013 Unified Communications Managed API 4.0 Runtime, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update Installer
The Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps:Note
If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the UI or a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI provides a clear indication of which updates are installed.
To run the Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe Note You can use the following parameters with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background, and then it automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer, and saves the updates in a subfolder that is named "Extracted" in the folder from which you ran the command.
After you run the Lync Server Update Installer, you must update all the applicable back-end servers. See how to update the back-end servers
Method 2: Microsoft Update
The cumulative update is also available from the Microsoft Update
After you install this cumulative update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. See how to update the databases on the back-end servers
There are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
To use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update replacement information
This cumulative update replaces the September 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.933
for Lync Server 2013 Unified Communications Managed API 5.0 Runtime.
Update package installation information
To apply this cumulative update, install the UcmaRuntime.msp package on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition Front End Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Edge Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Stand-Alone Mediation Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Director Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Persistent Chat Server
You must restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
The global version of this cumulative update uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the cumulative update. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
After the cumulative update is installed, the global version of this cumulative update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_default_tmx||Not Applicable||1,316,774||18-Aug-16||16:03||Not Applicable|