To add predefined counters, open Application Properties in the Intercept Management Console, click the Performance Counters tab and then click Advanced. The Add button opens a dialog with the list of predefined counters.
If you are interested in a performance counter that is not in the predefined list, you can make those available by editing the XML configuration files. This article describes the steps for doing this.
- Close all instances of Intercept Management Console.
- Open the Standard folder in the Intercept Agent installation directory. The following is the default path:
- In the Standard folder, create a copy of PerfCounterMonitor.config as a backup.
- Open PerfCounterMonitor.config in Notepad and scroll to the bottom of the counterDefinitions section.
- Add a blank line at the end of the list and optionally add an XML comment as a separator, such as the following:
- Copy one of the existing counter definitions and paste it to the next line, such as the following:
<ss:counterDefinition id="1349" object="Windows Workflow Foundation" name="Workflows Pending" edit="true" measure="no suffix"/>
- Change the ID of the pasted counter definition to 2000:
<ss:counterDefinition id="2000" object="Windows Workflow Foundation" name="Workflows Pending" edit="true" measure="no suffix"/>
- Change the object and name attributes to match the object and counter you want to monitor.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each counter you want to add. Make sure each ID is unique.
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Reopen the Intercept Management Console.
- Right-click the Applications folder and click Properties.
- Click the Performance Counters tab and then click Advanced.
- Click Add and confirm that the new counters are available.
- Add the desired counters.
- Restart Intercept Service after you apply configuration changes.
- On the SE-Viewer server, open the SE-Viewer installation directory.
Default path on 32-bit operating systems: C:\Program Files\AVIcode\Intercept\SEViewer
Default path on 64-bit operating systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\AVIcode\Intercept\SEViewer
- Create a copy of SEViewer.config as a backup.
- Open SEViewer.config in Notepad and find the Aggregation task in the reportingOperations element.
- Add custom counters to the perfcounterSet element. Follow the format of existing counters and use the comment section above perfcounterSet for reference on how to set the TYPE, INSTANCEFUNC and DATEFUNC attributes.
- Save changes and close the configuration file.
Raksta ID: 2514627. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2011. gada 2. marts. Pārskatījums: 1