Listed below are several scenarios when a check number could be skipped:
1. If a user enters any of the following windows, the system will place a lock on that next check number in use and will increment the Next Check Number in the Checkbook Maintenance window. If a different person prints checks simultaneously and for some reason the first person does not create the check, then a check might be skipped.
- Payables Manual Payment Entry
- Miscellaneous Check
- Bank Transaction Entry
- Print Payables Transaction Check
- Print Payables Checks
- Payroll Manual Check
- Print Payroll Checks
2. When an alignment form is printed, the check number is incremented.
3. If a check is printed to screen or file, the next check number is incremented.
4. If a check is being printed for the same checkbook through any other module, then the next check number will be incremented.
5. If users manually edits the 'Next Check Number' field in the Checkbook maintenance window, then there is a chance to skip check numbers, depending on what the user has entered.
6. If multiple modules are using the same checkbook, then the next check number increments when a check is printed.
Be sure to alert users in a multi-user environment not to remain idle in one of the windows listed above if they do not intend to continue processing in that window. It may result in skipped check numbers. if they back out of these windows.
Raksta ID: 2514845. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2011. gada 5. aug.. Pārskatījums: 1