Symptom 1Lync does not start successfully.
Symptom 2You receive the following error message:
Resolution 1: Remove and then reinstall Lync 2010Use this method if Lync 2010 does not start successfully.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs, select Microsoft Lync 2010, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Close all other instant message (IM) clients, such as Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and AOL Instant Messenger.
- Reinstall Lync 2010 from your approved installation point.
Resolution 2: Close all running instances of Lync 2010Use this method if you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Note If other users on the same computer are logged on to Lync, those users must also log off and then exit Lync. This is because only one instance of Lync can be running at a time.
Lync 2010 loggingLogging can be used to collect more information about Lync 2010 issues. There are the four main kinds of log files:
- Client log files document the behavior of the Lync 2010 client. Client log files also add diagnostic messages to the Windows event log.
- Unified Communications Client Platform (UCCP) log files are used to track server connection issues.
- Media log files record the status of audio and video connections.
- Setup log files record Windows Installer errors that occur during setup.
- At the Lync 2010 sign-in screen, click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner to open the Options page.
- In the Options dialog box, click the General tab.
- Under Logging on the General tab, click Turn on logging in Lync and Turn on Windows Event logging for Lync.
- Click OK.
- Restart Lync 2010, and then try to reproduce the issue.
Raksta ID: 2518643. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2016. gada 17. nov.. Pārskatījums: 1