Internet Explorer 9 automatically transfers your favorites from the earlier version of Internet Explorer that was installed on your computer. You can easily import bookmarks and settings from third-party browsers to Internet Explorer 9.
How to automatically import favoritesTo automatically import favorites to Internet Explorer 9, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer 9, click Import and export on the File menu. If you do not see the File menu, press ALT.
- Select Import from another browser, and then click Next.
- You will see a list of the browsers that are installed on your computer. Select the browser from which you want to import favorites, and then click Import.
In this example, select the Firefox check box.
- After the favorites are imported, click Finish to close the window.
How to manually import favoritesIf you want to transfer only certain favorites from Firefox, you can transfer the links manually.
To manually import favorites to Internet Explorer 9, follow these steps:
- In Firefox, click Bookmarks on the menu bar, and then click Organize Bookmarks.
- In the Library dialog box, click Export HTML on the Import and Backup drop-down list.
- Save the bookmarks.html file to any location on your computer.
- Close Firefox, and then start Internet Explorer 9.
- In Internet Explorer 9, click Open on the File menu. If you do not see the File menu, press ALT.
- Click Browse, and then locate the folder to which you saved the bookmarks.html file.
- Select the bookmarks.html file, and then click Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click OK.
- The file is immediately opened and includes a blue underlined link list. To include one of these links as a favorite, right-click the entry, and then click Add to favorites.
- Select a folder, and then click Add. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for all the bookmarks that you want to transfer.
Raksta ID: 2525573. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2014. gada 26. maijs. Pārskatījums: 1