- You have Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 installed.
- The response time for mouse movement is slow when you run certain video formats.
This update is for computers that have local stations that use USB-based multifunction station hubs.
Important We do not recommend that you install this update if the local stations use direct video connections to graphics cards. We also do not recommend that you install this update on computers that have remote stations that connect from LAN-based thin clients that use the Remote Desktop Protocol.
By default, Windows MultiPoint Server is optimized for video playback across a wide set of media types and of hardware configurations. After you install this hotfix, you can select an alternative performance profile that disables some graphics processing-intensive tasks. Therefore, the response time for mouse movement improves on some hardware configurations during Internet video playback.
How to obtain this updateThe update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Download information for the update package
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running the following operating system:
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2011
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows MultiPoint Server\Shell.
- Right-click EnableDesktopComposition, and then click Modify.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Set Value data: to 1, and then click OK. (The SRCShell account has desktop composition turned on when this value is 1. This is the default value.)
- Set Value data: to 0, and then click OK. (The SRCShell account has desktop composition turned off when this value is 0.)
Note The value that you choose depends on which choice works best for your system. You may need to test both values to determine the best choice for your system.
- Close Registry Editor.
Raksta ID: 2530453. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2012. gada 27. dec.. Pārskatījums: 1