The Microsoft Malware Prevention troubleshooter does the following:
- Turns on your Windows Firewall. Enabling your Windows Firewall will protect your computer by blocking communication to your PC that may be malicious software.
- Antivirus software: Checks your Antivirus protection status. You will be prompted to update your Antivirus program if it is not up to date or enable Real-time protection. If you don't have an anti-virus program installed it will offer you to use Microsoft Security Essentials or learn more about other security software partners.
- Turns on Automatic Update. Windows Update helps keep your PC current, secure and enhance performance by automatically downloading and installing the latest security and feature updates from Microsoft. This helps ensure that both Important and Recommended updates are downloaded.
- Pop-blocker: Enabling Pop-up Blocker will make browsing the web safer by helping prevent malicious or unsafe pop-ups from automatically appearing.
- Remote Registry: The Windows Remote Registry service enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer. If this service is stopped the registry can be modified only by users on this computer as opposed to over the network.
- Internet Explorer: The package will inform you if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed. It will also modify your current privacy settings to ensure you have a safe browsing experience. The package will delete your internet cache and browsing history, which will help protect against malicious threats attempting to access your computer while you’re online.
- Enables User Account Control (UAC). User Account Control (UAC) will prevent malicious software from modifying your computer settings without your consent.
- Proxy Settings: If malicious software has modified your Internet Proxy settings, therefore making it difficult to get online, the package will reset your settings so you can browse the internet normally.
For more information about how to turn on Windows Firewall, visit:
- Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673
- Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off
- Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off
For more information about Microsoft Security Essentials, visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
For more information about Windows Update, visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/windows-update
For more information about security privacy settings, pop-up blocker, and proxy settings in Internet Explorer, please visit:
- Internet Explorer 7 security and privacy features: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Security-and-privacy-features-in-Internet-Explorer-7
- Internet Explorer 8 security and privacy features: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Security-and-privacy-features-in-Internet-Explorer-8
- Internet Explorer 9 security and privacy features: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Security-and-privacy-features-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Proxy settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-proxy-settings-in-Internet-Explorer
- Pop-Up Blocker: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Internet-Explorer-Pop-up-Blocker-frequently-asked-questions
For more information about User Account Control (UAC), visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-User-Account-Control
For more information about how to keep your computer secure from viruses and other malicious software, visit: http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.aspx
Raksta ID: 2534555. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2013. gada 27. sept.. Pārskatījums: 1