This update also resolves two reported issues relating to the configuration of the memory on the virtual machine and to the publishing of application shortcuts.
This update for MED-V 2.0 provides the capability for localized content to be presented in both the MED-V Workspace Packager and the MED-V Host Agent.
- This update for MED-V 2.0 provides the capability for localized content to be presented in both the MED-V Workspace Packager and the MED-V Host Agent.
- MED-V automatically detects the current language setting (current UI culture) for Windows and uses this for the display of the MED-V Workspace Packager and the MED-V Host Agent.
- The MED-V Host Agent patch can be used with workspaces packaged with previous versions of the MED-V Workspace Packager. Once applied, the MED-V Host Agent will be localized. It is not necessary to package new workspaces with the patched MED-V Workspace Packager to see localized content in the MED-V Host Agent.
- The MED-V Host Agent patch will update the MED-V Guest Agent. If the patch is applied to a machine where a workspace has been installed and FTS has completed successfully, there are a few behaviors to be aware of:
- While the MED-V Guest Agent updates, applications will not be available.
- If applications are open when the patch is applied, a reboot will be required to launch applications.
- If credential caching is disabled, the user will be required to log into the MED-V workspace again.
- The MED-V Workspace Packager is now available in 11 different languages: English (en-us), French (fr), Italian (it), German (de), Spanish (es), Korean (ko), Japanese (ja), Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br), Russian (ru), Chinese Traditional (zh-tw), and Chinese Simplified (zh-cn).The MED-V Host Agent is now available in 24 different languages: English (en-us), French (fr), Italian (it), German (de), Spanish (es), Korean (ko), Japanese (ja), Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br), Russian (ru), Chinese Traditional (zh-tw), Chinese Simplified (zh-cn), Dutch (nl), Swedish (sv), Danish (da), Finnish (fi), Portuguese (pt), Norwegian (no), Polish (pl), Turkish (tr), Hungarian (hu), Czech (cs), Greek (el), Slovak (sk), and Slovenian (sl).
Information on the additional fixes:
- Configuration of Memory on the Virtual Machine: The previous limit for the maximum amount of memory that could be configured for a workspace to use was 2048 MBs. This limit has been increased to 3712 MBs which is the maximum allowed by Windows Virtual PC. Note that you configure the amount of memory to be used by the workspace using the “VmMemory”, “VmHostMemToGuestMemCalcEnabled”, “VmGuestMemFromHostMem”, and “VmHostMemToGuestMem” parameters of the “New-MedvConfiguration” Windows Powershell cmdlet.
- Publishing of Application Shortcuts: Workspace application shortcuts were not copied to the start menu when the full path to the shortcut published by Windows Virtual PC exceeded 256 characters. This issue was mostly seen in configurations utilizing a long workspace name and long application shortcut names.
System RequirementsWindows 7 (Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate) release or SP1, x86 or x64, with 2GB of RAM minimum
The MED-V 2.0 patch requires that the MED-V 2.0 Workspace Packager and or MED-V 2.0 Host Agent already be installed and approximately 50 mb of disk space is available.
How to obtain the MED-V 2.0 Localization UpdateThe MED-V 2.0 Localization Update can be obtained from the Microsoft Download Center:
Installation InstructionsHow to apply the MED-V Host Agent patch
1. Copy the MED-V_HostAgent_Patch.exe to any machine that has the MED-V Host Agent installed.
2. Launch the MED-V_HostAgent_Patch.exe and follow the prompts to apply the patch.
3. The user may be prompted to reboot if IE is running, as the patch updates the browser for MED-V URL redirection. The user may be prompted to reboot if the MED-V PowerShell modules are imported.
Note: If you are applying the patch via a software distribution tool, standard install parameters can be entered at a command prompt. For example “/qn /norestart” will install quietly with no UI and suppress any restarts.
How to apply the MED-V Workspace Packager patch
1. Copy the MED-V_ WorkspacePackager_Patch.exe to any machine that has the MED-V Workspace Packager installed.
2. Launch the MED-V_ WorkspacePackager_Patch.exe and follow the prompts to apply the patch.
3. The user may be prompted to reboot if the MED-V PowerShell modules are imported.
Raksta ID: 2541024. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2011. gada 26. apr.. Pārskatījums: 1