In the Application Event Viewer on the Application Server, you receive the following error messages:
Message: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.DataProvider.GeneralLedger.AX.Common.DataAccessException: AOS connection failed.
Message: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataProvider.Service.DirectLinkException: The operation could not be completed due to a problem in the data provider.
This can occur when you sign in to a different company than what you are currently logged into, or when you select a dimension in the reporting tree for a different company than what you are logged in as.
- Management Reporter has companies setup for multiple Dynamics AX instances for testing reports against different data sets or environments, such as development, QA, and production.
- You are trying to consolidate data from multiple AOS instances.
- Unless reports are data specific, it is suggested to point Management Reporter at a single instance of Dynamics AX 2009. Pointing Management Reporter to a new instance will affect all users. During the implementation phase of Dynamics AX it may be acceptable to use a single instance of Management Reporter against a test environment, and then later point that environment to you production environment.
- A single Dynamics AX AOS can contain multiple companies. To report on multiple companies you can utilize the Dynamics AX 2009 consolidation or import/export features to import/export between instances or companies. See the Dynamics AX2009 training or online help for more information on how to perform these steps.
- You can also utilize the link to data in Microsoft Excel to consolidate additional data from Dynamics AX or any other data source that supports exporting.
Raksta ID: 2543350. Pēdējo reizi pārskatīts: 2012. gada 4. janv.. Pārskatījums: 1