- Supported Products/Solutions & Boundaries
- Supported Scenarios & Boundaries
- How to request technical presales & deployment assistance
- Find information for non-supported products/scenarios
What types of technical presales and deployment services does this document cover?
The types of technical presales & deployment services covered include:
- Technical Presales Assistance
- Partner Advisory Hours (Partner Advisory Hours are the currency used to access deployment consultations to help you design, develop, and deploy customer solutions, and plan, build and deploy apps)
As we continue to invest in cloud support, we have reduced coverage of some products that are exclusively on-premises. As such, we no longer provide technical presales assistance or deployment technical consultations (via partner advisory hours) for exclusively on-premises products, with the following exceptions: Windows 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL will continue to be supported. Additionally, all hybrid scenarios made up of both cloud and on-premises products will continue to be supported, as governed by the product lifecycle.
What products are supported for technical presales and deployment services?
All Microsoft cloud services and on-premises products in a hybrid scenario will be supported, as governed by the product lifecycle.
Microsoft Office 365
All Microsoft Office 365 components, such as Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Power BI, Yammer, Project Online
Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online)
All Microsoft Azure solutions and related services, such as infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, Data Platform, BI Analytics, Cognitive Services, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Stack
All Windows Server (as governed by the product lifecycle)
Includes related products such as SCCM, if related to cloud or hybrid scenarios
Enterprise Mobility + Security
Enterprise Mobility + Security, Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection
Windows 10 operating system, devices, universal apps
What products are no longer supported for technical presales and deployment services?
Microsoft products that focus on exclusively on-premises will no longer be supported with the exception of Windows 10, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL, unless used in a hybrid scenario or if migration to the cloud is a viable option.
Products Out of Scope
|Microsoft Office Servers (including the latest version of these pure on-premises deployments)||Exchange, SharePoint|
|Microsoft Dynamics (exclusively on-premises only)||Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises), Microsoft Dynamics AX (on-premises), Microsoft Dynamics NAV (on-premises), Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL|
In order to help Partners position Microsoft products and services in their customer engagements, Technical Presales Assistance helps answer Partner questions that are related to features, advantages in Microsoft products and how to position technology/products as a solution to the customer's needs, including scenarios such as:
- Proof-of-concept (PoC) guidance
- Business value proposition
- Competitive assistance
- Feature overview and comparison guidance
- Request for proposal (RFP) guidance
- Technical licensing recommendations
When a Partner has questions on how to deploy a product/service, how to plan, how to configure or any other question that requires technical guidance on how Microsoft technology can be used, they can request a technical consultation using Partner Advisor Hours. Example of scenarios covered:
- Design and implementation guidance
- Test environment review
- Solution integration assistance
- Migration and deployment planning
- Scenario guidance and solution architecture
- Get Current internal deployment services
What types of scenarios are supported to help partners PLAN, BUILD and DEPLOY APPS:
Partner Technical Consultants can help partners speed up design and development of applications for scenarios such as:
- Setup for development (service configuration and deployment)
- Architecture and design consult on solutions
- Migration from on-premises service
- Publishing to marketplaces
- Sample code review and light proof-of-concept
- Publishing custom applications and add-ins
- Partner Center API
|Unsupported scenarios||Examples||Where to get support|
|Technical Support||Break-fix support, hotfixes or troubleshooting||Use Signature Cloud Support or product support incidents|
|Account Management||Partner development, sales pipeline planning||Contact Partner Development Manager or Services Account Manager (ASfP)|
|MPN Program Support||MPN program questions (credential association to MPN organization, support contract activation)||Contact partner frontline support|
|On-site Support||Going on-site to partner or customer locations (Services are primarily delivered remotely)|| Review partner support offerings |
|Long-Term Consulting||Partners using more than 25 partner advisory hours for a single engagement are usually considered to be out of scope|| Review partner support offerings |
|Pricing/Licensing Questions or Contracts||Prices that are not public, reseller price list, discounts or contract issues||View commercial licensing|
|Directly Support the End Customer||Discussions with the end customer for technical presales & deployment scenarios (Partner owns customer relationship)|| Review partner support offerings |
- Learn about the technical services available to help you build your technical capabilities for cloud practices, including technical webinars and one-on-one technical consultations.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Request technical presales assistance or a deployment consultation for supported products and scenarios. Review this how-to article to learn how to submit a request.
If you are having technical issues with the online submission form, contact partner support.