Here's a list of tools and apps that are mentioned in the sections of this article. Some of the tools are built into Windows 10, and others are types of apps you can download from Microsoft Store.
Tool: Wireless network report
- Description: This report shows you the last three days of Wi-Fi events from your PC. The report is an HTML file that you can open in your favorite web browser. When you create a wireless network report, .cab files that contain information about your connection are also created. Support people might use these files to help identify and solve Wi-Fi issues.
- Where to get it: You wont need to download anything else because this feature is built into Windows 10.
To create the wireless network report
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
- At the command prompt, type netsh wlan show wlanreport.
Tool: A Wi-Fi analyzer app
- Description: This type of app is used to see what Wi-Fi networks are around you and give you information about the networks. This can help you make decisions about your network to improve your Wi-Fi.
- Where to get it: Open Microsoft Store app, and then search for Wi-Fi analyzer.
Tool: A network speed test app
- Description: This kind of app will test your Wi-Fi network connection speed by uploading and downloading data from the web. Your results will depend on both your Internet connection and your Wi-Fi connection. However, it will give you a good idea of your network speed.
- Where to get it: Open Microsoft Store app, and then search for speed test.
Tool: Wireless router software
- Description: Software that lets you change settings on your router or other access point.
- Where to get it: Many times, you can get to your router settings by signing in through your web browser. For some routers though, you might use an app. For details about your specific router or other access point, see the documentation that might have come with it or visit the manufacturers website.
Go back to the Overview
Article ID: 4000463 - Last Review: 2017, ഒക്ടോ 26 - Revision: 14