Windows DVD Player works with Narrator, a built-in screen reader that reads text on your screen aloud and describes events, so you can use your PC with partial or no vision. There are keyboard shortcuts to help you do common actions.
Press the Windows logo key + Enter together to start Narrator. Press these keys again to stop Narrator. On many keyboards, the Windows logo key is located on the bottom row of keys, to the left or right of the Alt key.
For more info about how to use Narrator in Windows 10, see Get started with Narrator.
Open the app
To open Windows DVD Player, press the Windows logo key , type “DVD Player,” then press Enter. To close the app, press Alt + F4.
All Narrator-accessible controls are in what’s called the app bar. Access them by pressing Tab while a disc is playing.
The following keyboard shortcuts are available in the app.
|Press this key||To do this|
|Ctrl + P or Spacebar||Play or pause the disc (while disc is playing)|
|Alt + Enter||Go full screen|
|Ctrl + B||Restart current chapter or skip to previous chapter (while disc is playing)|
Start playing a disc
- Start the app.
- Load a DVD-Video or Blu-ray disc.
- Tab to the menu Option menu app-bar button and press Enter.
- Tab to First Title app-bar button (tool tip: Play first title) and press Enter.
Control video playback
Once your disc is playing, here’s how you control playback.
- To pause or play the video, press Spacebar.
- To Skip back, Rewind, Fast forward, or Skip next, press Tab to the button you want and then press Enter.
- To change where you are in a program’s overall timeline, press Tab until you hear the chapter number being read aloud, repeatedly. Press and hold the Left or Right arrow to move progressively forward or backward in time, then press Enter to resume playing.
Turn on closed captions
When captions are available, start playing the disc and then press Tab until you get to Closed caption app-bar button. When present, this option comes after Volume app-bar button.
For support for Narrator or other Microsoft assistive technology, contact the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.
Article ID: 4009475 - Last Review: 2017, നവം 8 - Revision: 6