During the SysPrep /generalize process, SysPrep can't delete the following registry key:
This occurs because SysPrep doesn't have permissions to the following key:
Therefore, the operation fails silently.
To work around this issue, follow these steps on the newly staged system:
- If it's running, stop the Update Orchestrator Service for Windows Update (UsoSvc) service.
- If it's running, stop the Windows Update (wuauserv) service.
- Take ownership of the following registry key, and then grant Administrators Full Control:
- Delete the following registry key:
- Start the Windows Update service.
Article ID: 4010909 - Last Review: 2017, മാർ 17 - Revision: 12