This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
Addressed a known issue with KB3192441 that was rendering DFS-N mapped network drives inaccessible to members of the Administrators group when UAC and EnableLinkedConnections are enabled.
Addressed known issue called out in KB3210721. Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
Improved reliability of Silverlight and Internet Explorer
- Addressed issue where the Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC) crashes when attempting to modify any attribute of any user account in Active Directory.
Addressed issue that fails to launch a Help browser window when you click the Help icon in File Explorer.
Addressed issue to allow wildcards in the Allowed list field for the Point and Print Restrictions Group Policy.
Addressed issue that prevents clients from accessing a file server when using Server Message Block 1.0 and NT LAN Manager authentication after an upgrade.
Addressed issue where the default printer may change unexpectedly after disconnecting from a Remote Desktop Protocol session.
Addressed issue that prevents servers from being added to Windows Server Update Services after they are staged.
Addressed issue that causes Internet Explorer to fail after installing KB3175443.
Addressed issue that causes Internet Explorer to fail after removing a CSS style.
Addressed issue that prevents users from selecting multiple certificates simultaneously through the UI.
Addressed issue that prevents a smart card module from pairing with a contactless smart card reader.
Addressed issue where devices go into BitLocker recovery if users enter the wrong password.
Addressed issue that causes excessive audit log events when using the Audit File System category.
Addressed issue where an executable’s icon will flicker indefinitely when Explorer opens the executable and its file attribute is set to FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE.
Addressed issue that causes Start menu and other items to disappear or malfunction when using roaming user profiles.
Addressed issue that causes OpenGL rendering to fail.
Addressed issue that causes high CPU usage for scheduled tasks when using devices whose daylight saving time occurs at 12 A.M.
Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511.
Addressed issue where using registry exclusions with Unified Write Filter (UWF) enabled increases the system boot time substantially.
- Addressed issue that prevents multiple users from accessing shared, offline folders.
- Addressed issue that prevents administrators from accessing mapped network drives.
- Addressed issue that causes print preview to fail in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue that prevents Internet Explorer from receiving keyboard events from external processes using addEventListener.
- Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications.
- Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
- Addressed issue that prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
- Addressed issue that allows files that are forbidden by the security zone setting to be opened in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue that overwrites a <br> element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
- Addressed issue that fails to apply the Group Policy setting value of “Unrestricted” for the media connection cost.
Addressed additional issues with updated time-zone information, enterprise security, security credentials, Internet Explorer, updates to the Access Point Name (APN) database, wireless networking, Media Center, and the Windows shell.
Security updates to the Windows OS, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Hyper-V, Server Message Block, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Windows PDF Library, SHA-1 deprecation for SSL/TLS certificates, and Microsoft XML Core Services.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
|Some customers using IE11 and CRM 2011 may experience forms that do not display correctly. ||This issue is addressed in KB4016636.|
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Update replacement information
This update replaces the previously released update KB3210721.
- File information
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update KB4013198. If you're installing a Windows 10 update for the first time, the package size for the X86 version is 569 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 1,132 MB.
Article ID: 4013198 - Last Review: 2017, ഏപ്രി 7 - Revision: 37