A brief video has been published to channel 9 to help explain onboarding, and Administrator Management
Please Note: The Visual Studio subscriptions team is working to keep information flowing through the "Subscriptions-Administration" page. A full version of the FAQ can also be downloaded here. We are working on new content, and those artifacts will be available soon.
In some situations, the account used to access the new Administration portal may not exist in an Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenant, or as a Personal Account (aka Microsoft Account (MSA)).
Work or school account: Likely created by your IT department for business use.
Personal Account: Also known as a Microsoft Account (MSA), this may have been an email address you created (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com).
Note: In some cases, your account could be both a Work or school account and a personal account. This happens with a business address passes through the Microsoft Account process. Some systems, like the Volume Licensing Service Center and MSDN, require a Personal Account type to log in. If you believe you've taken the steps to sign in, but are having trouble, select the "Personal account" option to sign in.
When an Administrator's account isn't recognized by the available sign in options, a couple questions need to be answered:
- Is your account part of an Azure Active Directory tenant?
- For additional details, refer to Sign In Using "Work or School" Account
- Note: An Administrator may need to work with their Super Admin to ensure the sign in information is correct.
- Is your Azure Active Directory (AAD) address different than your email address?
- For additional details, refer to Visual Studio Subscriptions: Super Admin - Multiple Identities
- Note: You may be experiencing an issue because the directory is not recognizing your email address. Work with your Super Admin to add your Directory address to the "Sign in" field of your Administrator profile on https://manage.visualstudio.com
- Is your account a "Personal Account" (aka Microsoft Account)
If the answer was No to all the questions above, then you will need to create a Personal Account to access the portal:
- Open an "In Private" Internet Explorer browser session.
- Go to https://manage.visualstudio.com.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click "Create a new Microsoft Account".
- Enter the Email Address you'll use for Administration.
- Create a Password (or select other authentication types), and click "Next".
- Validate the Numbers/Letters, and click "Next".
- Validate your contact information for your Visual Studio profile, and click "Continue".
- Upon successful authentication, you should now be able to manage subscribers in the new portal.
Note: Following these steps, you will associate your email address with the "Personal Account" type. If your company decides to implement any Microsoft Online Services, you may experience a situation where both the "Work or school account" and the "Personal account" sign in options are presented. Clicking "Personal account" is necessary for successful sign in
Our Volume Licensing team members will be able to assist you by clicking here.
Alternatively, please use the "Contact Us" menu options available at https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/.
- Click "Account, Subscription and Billing Support".
- From the available "Category" choose "Manage subscriptions for my team".
- From the available "Category" choose "Visual Studio Subscription (formerly MSDN) - For Your Company".
- Click "Assisted Support".
You will be directed to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) help page.
Article ID: 4014441 - Last Review: 2017, ഏപ്രി 4 - Revision: 3