A brief video has been published to channel 9 to help explain onboarding, and Administrator Management
Please Note: The Visual Studio subscriptions team is working to keep information flowing through the "Subscriptions-Administration" page. A full version of the FAQ can also be downloaded here. We are working on new content, and those artifacts will be available soon.
With the support of Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenants, you may find that there are additional sign-in options available to your organization. Given the additional identity options, please make note of the type account you're using to access the new Administration portal. In many cases, the identity used by the administrator may be the same as what is used to log into the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
Work or school account: Likely created by your IT department for business use.
Personal Account: Also known as a Microsoft Account (MSA), this may have been an email address you created (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com).
Note: In some cases, your account could be both a "Work or school account" and a "Personal account". This happens when a business address passes through the "Create a Microsoft Account" process. Some systems, like the Volume Licensing Service Center and MSDN, require a Personal Account type to log in. If you believe you've taken the steps to sign in, but are having trouble, try selecting the "Personal account" option to sign in.
For an Administrator to use the "Work or School Account" sign-in options on the new portal, a few steps must be taken:
- The Administrator's "Sign In" address must be available in an Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenant
- Note: In cases where the Directory Address (e.g. John@contoso.com) is different than the Email Address (John.Doe@contoso.com), the Super Admin who manages Administrator access should enter the account information for both in the new Administrator's profile. For more information regarding how to add an Administrator with multiple accounts, refer to Visual Studio Subscriptions: Super Admin - Multiple Identities.
- Once added to the "Administrators Group", the new Administrator will receive a Welcome Email
- To start the sign in process, follow the steps provided in the Welcome Email, or go to https://manage.visualstudio.com.
- Select the "Work or school account" option during the sign in process, as there might be multiple identity options available.
- Provide your password or use other authentication type, when redirected to the Corporate sign-in page.
- Upon successful authentication, the Administrator should now be able to manage subscribers in the new portal.
- The Administrator's directory address is different from their email address.
- The Administrator's address does not exist in the directory (common for companies that are currently migrating to Microsoft Online Services)
Our Volume Licensing team members will be able to assist you by clicking here.
Alternatively, please use the "Contact Us" menu options available at https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/.
- Click "Account, Subscription and Billing Support".
- From the available "Category" choose "Manage subscriptions for my team".
- From the available "Category" choose "Visual Studio Subscription (formerly MSDN) - For Your Company".
- Click "Assisted Support".
You will be directed to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) help page.
Article ID: 4014447 - Last Review: 2017, ഏപ്രി 4 - Revision: 5