Consider the following scenario:
- You create a report in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- You use a user sort expression in the report, and the column data type is set to DateTimeOffset.
- There are one or more null values in the column.
In this scenario when you preview the report and run a sort operation on the column that's set to DateTimeOffset, you receive the following error message:
An error occurred during local report processing.
The processing of SortExpression for the tablix '***' cannot be performed. The comparison failed. Please check the data type returned by the SortExpression. (rsComparisonError)
The fix for this problem is included in the following updates:
- Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2017
- Cumulative Update 8 for SQL Server 2016 RTM
- Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2016 SP1
- Cumulative Update 6 for SQL Server 2014 SP2
- Cumulative Update 9 for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative update fore SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 4017827 - Last Review: 2017, ഒക്ടോ 24 - Revision: 15