An enhancement is being made in the next major release of the Portal Add-on application to improve the way Entity Permission records are evaluated. Following this release, portals will require that the "Append" and "Append To" privileges be enabled on any Entity Permission records that also have the "Write" or "Create" privileges enabled.
If the necessary changes are not made to the respective Entity Permission records, portal users who attempt to create or update records through the use of an Entity Form or Web Form will receive the following error:
"You don't have the appropriate permissions."
This issue will impact both default and custom Entity Forms and Web Forms that are present in the Dynamics 365 organization associated to a portal, depending on the current Entity Permission configuration.
To prepare the portal for this upcoming change, the "Append" and "Append To" privileges should be enabled on any Entity Permission records where the "Write" or "Create" privileges are enabled. The steps to add the privileges are as follows:
- Log into Dynamics 365 with a licensed user with sufficient permissions to modify Entity Permission records.
- In Dynamics 365, using the navigation menu at the top of the page, navigate to Portals -> Entity Permissions.
- Using the view dropdown menu, select the "Active Entity Permissions" view if it is not selected already.
- Open any Entity Permission record(s) with "Write" or "Create" set to a value of "Yes" and "Append" or "Append To" set to a value of "No".
- On the Entity Permission record form, ensure that both "Append" and "Append To" are enabled in the "Privileges" section.
As a specific example, the "Customer Service - Contact of the User" Entity Permission record was deployed to all Customer Self-Service portals with the "Append" privilege disabled. As this record has the "Write" privilege enabled and is set to a Scope of "Self", this record should be modified so that the "Append" privilege is enabled.
Article ID: 4020181 - Last Review: 2017, ജൂലൈ 12 - Revision: 6