Following an upgrade to the solutions that support a Portal Add-on in the Dynamics 365 Admin Center, customers who have multiple Portal Add-ons associated to the same Dynamics 365 instance could experience errors if the solutions for other portal types have not yet been upgraded. Users who navigate to a portal associated to a Dynamics 365 instance containing some solutions that have not yet been upgraded may receive an error similar to the following:
We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.
Thank you for your patience.
When a Portal Add-on is deployed to a Dynamics 365 instance, multiple solutions are installed to support the functionality of the portal. Updates to these solutions are made available as enhancements and fixes are released, and customers can deploy those updates by taking the appropriate action within the Dynamics 365 Admin Center.
As many solutions are shared by multiple portal types, upgrading a single portal type without upgrading any other portal types that are deployed to the same Dynamics 365 instance will cause failures and could render one or more portals inoperable.
To avoid any solution version mismatch problems, the solutions for all portal types deployed to a single Dynamics 365 instance should be upgraded subsequently and during the same time interval. To upgrade the Portal Add-on solutions for any deployed portal types, the following steps should be taken:
- Log into the Dynamics 365 Admin Center with a user with sufficient permissions to upgrade Dynamics 365 solutions.
- On the "Instances" tab, select the instance that has two or more portals deployed.
- With the instance selected, click the "Solutions" icon in the pane to the right.
- On the "Solutions" view, select a portal type (such as Community Portal) that has been deployed to this instance.
- If the "Upgrade" button appears in the right pane, click it to upgrade the respective solutions in the Dynamics 365 instance.
- Once the upgrade finishes, select the next available portal type in the "Solutions" view and repeat step #5.
When all portal types have been upgraded, no further solution version mismatch errors will occur.