This article contains necessary steps to collect Visual Studio logs that your Microsoft representative has determined are needed to troubleshoot your issue.
- Customer Experience
- Run a script via the command line (Administrator rights required)
- Reproduce issue in Visual Studio
Steps to Collect Visual Studio Logs
Microsoft staff may instruct you to collect Visual Studio logs to assist with troubleshooting your issue.
Privacy Notice: The logs collect personal information, such as your username (used to sign in to Windows) and your email address (used to sign in to Visual Studio), which are required to troubleshoot your issue. Your password will not be collected.
Note: Administrator rights are required to complete these steps.
- Close all running instances of Visual Studio.
- To download the CollectVSLogs.zip file, access the following link and select the Download button.
- Extract the file collectvslogs.bat.
- Right click the file collectvslogs.bat.
- Click on Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes when you see the warning: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?
- When the command prompt launches, verify that Visual Studio is closed, then press the space bar to start the script.
Note: Make sure the command prompt window is selected before pressing the space bar or the script will not start.
- Visual Studio will launch automatically.
- Reproduce the issue in Visual Studio.
- Exit Visual Studio once you reproduce the issue.
- The script will then collect all the required logs and inform you where they are located.
- Compress all of these files into one zip file and send it to your Microsoft representative.
Article ID: 4024662 - Last Review: 2017, ജൂൺ 14 - Revision: 10