IMPORTANT: before proceeding with merging separate MPN enrolments, we strongly recommend contacting the RSC for help
This is possible in your Partner Membership Center, however there are several important considerations that could impact your access to benefits and ability to transact, which you should familiarize yourself with before completing a merge.
Considerations that you should make before going ahead with an MPN Organization merge:
- Be aware that there is a potential loss of competencies and benefits
We recommend having the Organizational ID with the most competencies as the inviting Organization. If the invited Organization has already paid a fee during their current enrollment year, please wait to perform the merge until the invited Organization Anniversary Date.
- The anniversary date will align to the inviting Organization anniversary date
- Sales performance: After the merge, the invited Organization ID will be removed. Therefore, if their customers had used that Organizational ID for DPOR, then sales performance will be impacted.
- Incentives: Besides the impact to sales performance, after the merge, the invited Organizational ID will be removed. Therefore, if your customers used that Organizational ID for DPOR, then incentives will be impacted.
Mitigation for 3 and 4: Please ask your customers to change the Organizational ID to a HQ/Location ID of either Organization (inviting or invited).
Note if the DPOR was already a location ID of the invited Organization then no change is necessary.
If your company was onboarded to an incentives program using the invited Organizational ID only, then they need to contact the Incentives Support team to get the incentives onboarding changed to a HQ/Location ID instead.
- CSP enrollment: After the merge, the invited Organization ID will be removed. Therefore, if the partner had used that Organization ID during a CSP enrollment, then they will not be able to transact in CSP model anymore.
Mitigation: Partners should change the MPN ID linked to their CSP enrollment in Partner Center – using the feature “Update your MPN ID”- to a HQ/Location ID before performing the merge in PMC.
- SA Voucher programs enrollment: After the merge, the invited Organization ID will be removed. Therefore, because SA Voucher program enrollment is tracked at the Organizational ID level, if the inviting Organizational ID was not already enrolled, then they will have to enroll to participate
Sending a merge invitation
The steps below describe the process to request an organization merge. The merge invitation can be completed by a partner with Global Administrator rights.
- An individual with Global Administrator rights signs into the PMC and accesses the Merge Organization page (Organization Information> Manage Locations> Merge Organization.)
- The Organization Partner ID of the Organization you wish to invite is entered into the empty field (see screenshot below).
(Note: Both organization must be in “Active” status in MPN and outside of their re-enrolment period)
- The Preview Merge Impact button is selected.
- A message explaining the impact of merge on the Invited Organization is displayed.
- After reviewing the impact, the Global Administrator selects Send Merge Invitation button.
- A merge invitation email will be sent to the listed contact email address of the invited Organizations Primary Program Contact (PPC).
Approving the merge request
The steps below describe the process to approve a requested organization merge.
Note: Only the Primary Program Contact (PPC) of the Invited Organization can accept the merge request. This is why the invite is sent by email to them.
- The Primary Program Contact (PPC) of the Invited Organization receives an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: this email is unmonitored.
- The PPC selects the “Organization’s Request” hyperlink in the email.
- The PPC will be prompted to sign into the Partner Membership Center using their Microsoft Account ID (if they have not already signed in).
- The competencies and subprograms that will be lost are listed.
- After reviewing the listed impact, the PPC will acknowledge understanding by entering his or her First Name, Last Name and Title and then selecting the checkbox next to the statement, “I understand the impact and accept the merge invitation.”
- The Accept Merge Invitation and Reject Merge Invitation buttons are then enabled.
- If the Accept Merge Invitation button is selected, the process is completed. (It may take up to one hour for the merge to go into effect.)
- The Global Administrator of the Inviting Organization will receive an email notification of the acceptance or rejection of the merge request.
The following is a summary of general rules that apply after a merger is complete:
- The Invited Organization ceases to exist as an independent entity within MPN and will be removed from the Partner Network.
- The locations of the Invited Organization will be transferred beneath the Headquarters of the Inviting Organization, retaining the original location ID’s.
- Only the following location-level assets of the Invited Organization will be transferred to the Inviting Organization:
- Associated Individuals (including any profiled MCP credentials)
- Customer References
- Tested Products
Note: If Associated Individuals in the Inviting Organization are also associated to locations in Invited Organization, their association in the Invited Organization will be removed
- The invited organization will inherit the following:
- MPN Anniversary Date of the Inviting Organization.
- The Inviting Organizations Competency level and benefits.
- Organization-level subprograms enrolled into will be inherited.
- The invited Organization will lose the following:
- Any program-level invoices at Head Quarter level
- Any pending invoices at location level will be cancelled
- Organization-level subprograms enrolled into will be cancelled, but if the inviting org has not already done so, they can enroll into them again after the merge.
Note: The only exception to sub program loss is the Microsoft Action Pack Subscription. If the invited Organization already has a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription at the time of the merge, then they may keep this until the inherited Anniversary Date.
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.